Looking for a festive dessert to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? Well look no further! Here is a simple recipe that makes a lasting impact on every person who takes a bite. These sugary sweet treats are sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. I made these with my best friend Laurel last St. Patricks Day for a bake sale at our dance school, and they were such a hit that I decided to share the recipe with you. I elevated simple rice krispie treats to the next level by adding food coloring, chocolate, sprinkles, and shamrock sugar candies. These are a perfect treat for kids and the kids at heart! Definitely give this recipe a try this St. Patrick’s Day!
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 packages (10 oz) regular marshmallows and 4 cups of mini marshmallows (*TWIST* I use marshmallow fluff to make the treats softer and more flavorful)
- 6 cups of rice krispies
- *TWIST* white chocolate and milk chocolate
- *TWIST* green food dye
- *TWIST* shamrock cookie cutter or mold
- *TWIST* green or shamrock sprinkles
- *TWIST* shamrock sugar candy (usually in the baking aisle with Wilton products
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add in the marshmallows (or fluff) and stir until completely melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Add in green food dye and rice krispies, stirring until well coated and combined.
- Press the mixture into a 13 by 9 by 2 inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool.
- *TWIST* Once cooled, use the shamrock cookie cutter to make shamrock-shaped treats.
- *TWIST* Melt the white chocolate and the milk chocolate in the microwave.
- *TWIST* Dip the treats in the chocolate, alternating between white and milk. While the chocolate is still wet, top with the sprinkles and shamrock shaped candy.
This is an easy way to make rice krispie treats more gourmet and with the perfect Irish flare for St. Patricks day. Enjoy this green treat that will surely satisfy your inner leprechaun!